Friday night is 'Clean the Playroom night'. This is something that I as a mother just dread. There's yelling, fighting, toys flying, and screaming.... which makes me wonder why they even have toys. The problems all stems from Cooper not helping. Noah ends up doing most of the work. So tonight was different, I sat them both down and give them there jobs of which toys they were responsible for and told them if they weren't cleaned up by dinner then it was straight to bed with bread and milk for dinner. To make a long story short 45 mins later I found Cooper watching a cartoon and only half of his toys cleaned up. So the tears started at 6pm! We put his pjs on and off to bed with his bread and milk.... 1 hour and 45 mins later he was still crying. I was amazed he honestly didn't stop the entire time. That's when you really question if what you're doing is working or causing long term problems. I guess we'll find out next Friday when we clean the playroom!
Update: 8:30 came and there were still tears. He even cried all the way through prayers and brushing his teeth. His crying abilities are amazing. I think it finally got the best of him though because he was asleep by 8:50. Thank goodness!!!
9/25/09
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How did the next Friday go? I admire your sticking with it!
Post a Comment