9/22/09

Cooper's speech

Cooper had a rough start when it came to hearing. The first two years of his life were filled with ear infections and fluid in his ears. At the age of 2 he finally got tubes. I really wish we wouldn't have waited that long. We only did because our Dr didn't seem to concerned because his ear infections didn't come very often and seemed to go away quickly, but the fluid was always there. When we took him in to the specialist she said he wasn't hearing anything out of one ear and only 25% in the other. In other words it was like he spent the first 2 years under water! So today he went in to be tested to see if he qualifies for the school district's speech therapy. We're really hoping he does, he really needs some help. I feel so bad when he gets frustrated because we can't understand what he says. So let's keep our fingers crossed that he gets in :)

2 comments:

Christa said...

I hope it works out! If not, I know that there is a free clinic at BYU that speech pathology master's students do. I don't know exactly how you would go about trying to get into that, but it's something you could pursue if this doesn't work out.

Roma said...

How soon before you hear from the district? Let's hope he gets in, I'll bet he is!!