Tyson just cracks me up. He just has a way about making people smile and laugh. A couple weeks ago he got croup. They usually give a steroid shot to help him breath, but Tyson's a lucky kid and gets 'steroid psychosis'... yeah not many people have heard of it (including Doctors). So when I took him to the Dr. I explained how he can't have a steroid shot and waited for the Dr to look at me like I was crazy, because that's what most of them have done so far. But much to my surprise the Dr. face lit up and he quickly responded with, "Oh it's horrible, not only have I heard of it, but I have seen it. My niece was hospitalized with it last year" Oh thank goodness finally a Dr. who knows what it's like and doesn't look at me like some crazy Mom. So he gave me some sample pills that have steroids in them, but they only last 4-6 hrs. That way if he went crazy it would be out of his system sooner. The pills worked great... he was able to breath and he only turned into a hormonal 16 year old girl... which is do-able! The picture below shows how the night went. If he wanted something he got it or the whole neighborhood heard about it. Hence the life jacket at the dinner table. It was just easier to let him wear it then hear him weep and wale. Plus it made for an awesome picture! And thank goodness we are all healthy now :)
Looks can be deceiving! He looks like such a perfect angel.
10/22/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is an angel. He likes his grandpas doesn't he?
Post a Comment