On August 9th BYU had a reunion for all Thursday's Heros. It was nice to see some of the football players and coaches again. However, I really wish they would have at least acknowledged the Thursday's Heros that were there. I would have loved to hear their stories. I talked to a girl who's husband broke his neck after only 2 years of marriage and a brand new baby. It was really inspiring to hear her story and how positive she was. It made me so grateful for my 'insignificant' challenges. At dinner we had 3 football players sitting at our table, it was fun to laugh, joke, and get to know them better. I'm truly grateful for the wonderful program Bronco has established and for the example these football players set for my boys.
Plus Noah got a poster signed by Bronco and Chad Lewis. I told him we were going to frame it and he looks at me and says, "Really Mom, Really?" Of course why not :)
No comments:
Post a Comment