4/29/11

Zion's Camping Trip

Family, Fire, Treats, Tents, Hoodies, Easter Eggs, Scooter, Biking, Hiking... All of those things put a smile on my face! Our camping trip was perfect! The family was nice enough to watch our boys so Tommy and I started the trip out with a bike ride from the campground up to the end of the road at the Narrows. Then we had incredible fajitas for dinner, top that off with pudding cake and smores. My sister-in-law Amy came up with a new way to eat your roasted marshmallows. Once your marshmallow is big and puffy you pull it off the roasting stick and push a chunk of chocolate in the middle of it, let it sit for a few seconds and you've got yourself what might possible be the best roasted marshmallow ever (especially if you buy the carmel marshmallows). The next morning Noah made breakfast to pass off a scout requirement. We did sticky buns which was an experiment, one that needs work, but they were pretty good. The mountain man breakfast was yummy! I love food camping, I always look forward to those thing you only make while camping. Then we went on our few regular hikes and the day was pretty much over and the kids were wiped out. A quick stop by menchies ice cream in St. George was the perfect way to end the trip!Grandpa telling Cooper stories
Noah, Cooper, and Brooke hanging out
Amy teaching us how to make the perfect marshmallow... oh how I wish I could eat one now.
Grandpa cruzing up the trail!!! What a beautiful day!
The famdam
Roma & Paul at the narrows for lunch. Check out how high and fast that water is running.
Eating our lunch
Once again I took a ton of pictures. So here's a slide show with a whole bunch more.

No comments: