This was a bitter sweet day. The Share A Smile Triathlon is an annual tradition in the Peterson family. It varies from year to year on who participates, but most years there are at least a couple family members who join in, and one of those is usually Paul. So this was a hard year to watch, but at the same time it was by far the best. We had Noah, Brooke, and Ethan participate in the kids triathlon and Tommy, Emily, and Aaron in the full triathlon. And you'll notice in the pictures they're all wearing shirts that say "This one's for Juan", I'm sure most people wondered who is Juan, well that's Paul. We use to call him Juan Pablo then just cut it short to Juan. So this race was for Paul! When the kids took off on their run, Roma comes walking over with tears in her eyes, I was worried something had happened when she said, I just saw the shirts! It really was a special race for our family. And thanks to Amy for putting together those awesome shirts. The kids did an incredible job and I can't wait for them to try it again next year. And who knows maybe next year I'll give it a try.
Group Shot
Group Shot














No comments:
Post a Comment